Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Veggie and Cheese Frittata






Ingredients:

3 eggs (or egg substitute)
½ large Vidalia onion diced
Spinach (I use leftover spinach that I have sautéed in olive oil with fresh garlic from the night before)
Jalapenos
¼ cup Colby Jack Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
1 T olive oil
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (optional)

Instructions:

In a small skillet that can be put in the oven safely. Put about 1 TBS of olive oil and add onions. Sauté until tender add jalapenos and spinach sauté until hot.

In a bowl whisk eggs and add salt and pepper. Pour into skillet. I stir it around in the skillet like I do scrambled eggs until it the eggs are almost done.

Then I take the skillet off burner top with cheese and place in the oven on broil until the cheese is melted. If you prefer not to use cheese that’s ok, but place the skillet into the oven so the top can brown a little.

I love hot sauce and my favorite is Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce I drizzle it on top.

This is a great recipe that you can change with whatever veggies you have available and you can also add meat. I like to use leftovers from the night before.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment