Monday, November 2, 2009

Comfort Food Really Isn't Comfort is it!!!

You know when you have those day.....when everything is just going wrong. The stress, the emotional ups and downs, with work, (or lack of work) family, friends, etc. So, many times when these things are going on, you just want to turn to that old friend....that is always there to comfort you. FOOD!! It is legal and you can find it anywhere.

Food is so convenient you can drive through somewhere and even eat it in your car when you are running around like crazy getting everything done!!! And know one even has to know you did it!! Except you....then a short time after eating it you feel terrible...usually worse than you did before you ate it! Oh, yes I do know that feeling quit well.

I know you know what I am talking about! This is such a hard habit to change....as I am going through something stressful right now...I did actually think about comforting myself with food....drive through McDonald's get something good and greasy!!! Who would know....that little devil sits on my shoulder and tries to temp me all the time...but thank goodness I have that little angel on the other shoulder saying....You know there are better ways to comfort yourself. Call someone who cares, turn on the radio and sing along with one of your favorite songs...loud enough you can't hear the devil!!!! LOL

Yes, even after almost 9 years I am still tormented by those old thoughts. I think I probably will be for the test of my life. However, by practicing good habits and always thinking of alternatives, I am usually very successful at not letting it rule me or my life! I HAVE EMPOWERED MYSELF TO BE IN CONTROL!!!

So, the next time that little devil sits on your shoulder and tries to take control. Knock him off and remember you can be in control too!!!

Hugs,

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment