Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Southwestern Stuffed Red Pepper



I don't eat rice and wanted to make a stuffed Red Pepper and thought....hhhhmmmmm...why not make it southwestern and add black beans instead of rice.

It turned out great! The picture of the completed recipes didn't turn out very good, but it was very yummy!

Ingredients:

Hamburger meat (you can use turkey or chicken if you prefer)
2 shallots diced
1 vidalia onion diced
1 bunch of green onions chopped separating the green and white
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 Large Red Bell Peppers
1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Taco Seasoning
Chili Seasoning
Garlic Powder

First I sauteed the shallots, onion, white part green onion, and 1/2 diced red bell pepper in a little olive oil, and then let it cool.

In a large bowl I mixed my hamburger meat and seasonings (I really didn't measure the seasoning) then added the drained black beans, and the green part of the green onions and the ingredients I sauteed.

I sprayed a glass baking dish with PAM and put the Red Pepper in and stuffed them. To get them to sit up I had extra hamburger stuffing so I made little meatballs and positioned them around the red bell peppers.

Baked them at 350 degrees until the hamburger meat was done.

They were really good! I topped mine with hot sauce and Pete topped his with sour cream.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment