Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spicy Thai Stir Fried Bamboo shoots with Chicken







So what do I do with the leftover rotisserie chicken....
There's always chicken soup, chicken salad, etc.
But what about turning it into something different?

I love this recipe and it is so easy!!!

Ingredients

Skinned rotisserie chicken (diced)
(I usually have at least 1/2 the chicken left)

1 Vidalia Onion (cut in half then length wise)
2 Garlic Cloves (diced)
1 Can Bamboo Shoots (drained)
2 Tbs Peanut Oil
1/4 Cup Hoisen Sauce
4 Tbs Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Huy Fong Sriracha Chili Sauce (I like it hot, you can use less if you like)
2 Tbs Thia Peanut Sauce
(I didn't have it today so I substituted 1 Tbs. creamy peanut butter).

Optional

Green Onions
Water Chestnuts
Red Bell Pepper (diced)

Start by putting your peanut oil in skillet and add onions, red bell pepper, bamboo shoots and diced garlic cook for a couple of minutes then add chicken and cook until veggies are tender (I like my veggies Al dente).

Add all the other ingredients and cook until hot throughout.

I like to add extra Sriracha chili sauce to mine.

This recipe heats up well after being refrigerated.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment