Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flour less, Sugar Free Waffle/Pancake Recipe

I have learned through the years, that if I want something that is not on my list of things I allow myself to eat. I get in the kitchen and experiment until I work it out so it is "Legal" for me and also tatste good. I used to love the Waffle House pecan waffles. So I created this recipe.
I hope you enjoy it!
Flour less, Sugar Free Waffles/Pancakes
3 1/2 cups Oatmeal
¾ cup splenda
2 eggs
1 cup skim milk
1T maple flavoring
¾ cup Club Soda ( helps pancake and waffles rise)
Finely chopped pecans (to top waffles or pancakes)
Sugar Free Waffle House Syrup (my favorite)

In a blender mix first 6 ingredients together, (until it looks like a pancake consistency).
Spray pan (or waffle maker) with Pam. Pour pancake mix into pan or waffle maker. At this time you can sprinkle on finely chopped pecans. Cook as you would any other pancake or waffle.

Pour syrup over and serve. You can buy Sugar Free Waffle House syrup from your local Waffle House.

The pancakes/waffles are so good you could eat as a desert and add fruit to the top with a dollop of Fat Free cool whip or add sugar free pie filling (sugar free pie filling such as cherry or apple).

Maybe top with Fat Free, Sugar Free ice cream! Yum!
Remember as always everything has calories even though it is Sugar Free/Fat Free.
Also, most things that have sugar substitutes tend to make you have gas! They do me anyway, so eat sparingly.
Enjoy!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment