Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Need a makeover!!!!

Ok, you have lost the weight. But you are still wearing the same hair style and clothing. Perhaps it is time to try something new.

I thought after I lost weight I would always wear a dress that was fuller below the waist. One day I decided to try a dress that was more fitted. To my surprise I loved it. I started trying different colors (not just black), and updating my wardrobe. It was so much fun!!

Before surgery I had short hair. I always heard when you were over 40 you were not supposed to have long hair….. (whatever!) After I lost weight I started wearing my hair longer and really, really light blonde (One of my friends said my hair color wasn’t even found in nature, LOL). I wore my hair in a “Farrah” style (you remember it from the 70’s I should have left it in the 70’s).

In 2004 I went to the Oprah show for “Amazing Weight Loss”. They took me to Oprah's Salon and looked in my eyes and determined I was wearing my hair way to blonde. So they changed it to a darker blonde and also told me I needed to wear my hair straight and stop fighting it to make the curls.

Long story short, they ran out of time and I was not shown on the program. However, when I came home, people couldn’t believe the difference in the way I looked. They said I looked younger and it was a more flattering look for me. So all in all it was a successful trip. I probable would have never changed my hair if I didn’t have someone tell me it could look better.

Take a look at yourself….do you need a makeover? Just think of all the possibilities! Look through magazines; consider the shape of your face, google it. (You can find anything on the internet). Also some salons can take your picture and put any style on you with the computer so you can see in advance if you would like it.

Good luck with your new makeover! Can’t wait to see the new you!

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment