Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So you are calling me "Pollyanna"?

We need to be kind to each other….look for the good things in each other….SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER……When you pass someone SMILE at them…this may just turn their day around…(and isn’t it the weirdest thing…when you smile…it makes you feel better). Be proud of who you are! When someone gives you lemons…make lemonade….My glass is always half full……I do see life through "Rose colored" glasses..... I believe in paying it forward….


Ok, I have been told so many times that I am like “Pollyanna”. I decided to google it and these are some of the things I found out…..


She was cute, she was cheerful, and she was famous for the creation of "the glad game." (When something came up bad she would find something good about it). But today Pollyanna her name is synonymous with optimism — to a fault.
Politicians and scholars alike attribute "the Pollyanna principle" to people who look on the bright side and hope for the best, no matter what.


Abraham-Hicks foundation said:
"We would demonstrate to everyone that we are cheerful, that we are optimistic, that we are happy, that we are looking for the best-feeling thought that we can find - and that we've practiced it so much that we often find it. And then, as people say to you, in accusing tones, "Oh, you are a Pollyanna," announce to them, "Pollyanna lived a very happy life."

Well, you can call me “PolIyanna” anytime! I want you to be kind to yourself and others. And I hope someone calls you “Pollyanna” too!


Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment