Thursday, July 14, 2011

Steak Fajita Salad with Black Beans on the side






This was super easy and really delicious! You can substitute shrimp or chicken for the steak if you like. I used the steak strips in the picture above (from costco)however you can grill your own or even used left over.

Steak
Leaf lettuce
Diced beef steak tomato
Diced vidalia onion
Roasted yellow pepper (you can use store bought red pepper if you prefer)
Guacamole (home made or store bought)
Sour cream
Salsa
Can of black beans

First I roasted my yellow pepper on the grill. It is so easy to do. Just cut and clean the pepper and put on the grill directly over the fire (the shinny hard side goes on the grill). Move it around until the shinny surface is black. Then put in a zip lock bag or glass bowl with a lid. Let sit for a while then peal the black part off and dice.

Next I stir fried my diced vidalia onion in olive oil. (You will not cook it all the way leave al dente) add your already cooked steak to warm.

Then layer salad starting with lettuce, tomato, onion roasted yellow pepper. Then add steak and onions. Top with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole. (If you like you can sprinkle with shredded cheese). Then salt and pepper to taste and also add salsa and hot sauce if you like!

Serve warmed black beans on the side.

Very tasty!!!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! This sounds amazing. And congratulations on your success!! :)

    I'm having my first linky party on my blog and the theme is pumpkin. I'd like to invite you to come link up your favorite pumpkin recipe. The link is open until Wednesday at midnight, so please stop by and say hi.

    http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/07/pumpkin-blog-hop.html

    ~Cookin' Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete